Our People

Management Committee

Fergus FitzgeraldPresident
Elaine McKeanSecretary
Damian HooperTreasurer
Apostolis HadoulisCommittee Member
Donna McCarthyCommittee Member
Liz SaundersCommittee Member

Gift Fund Committee

Marilyn FisherCommittee Member
Fergus FitzgeraldCommittee Member
Mary MeadowsCommittee Member

Our Staff


Aleisha Keating

Aleisha loves the natural environment and facilitating opportunities for local communities to take action to protect and restore it. She has a diverse background in natural resource management, hydrology and water quality, grant funding and sustainability education. Most recently she worked for the Queensland Department of Resources, providing oversight and governance of natural resource management grant programs. Aleisha has a first-class honours degree in Physical Geography and a Master of Education for Sustainability (Distinction).


Louise Court

Louise is passionate about sharing her knowledge and passion for conservation and wildlife and having a positive impact on the community. She has a Bachelor of Science with a dual major in Environment & Sustainability, and Plant Agricultural Science as well as completing a Traineeship in Conservation and Land Management. This is where her love for the Sunshine Coast’s unique landscape and natural beauty grew. She has since worked as a Bush Regenerator, Restoration Ecologist & Conservation Manager, whilst studying a Diploma of Project Management. Louise plays a key role in coordinating the Roving Restorers and Koala Habitat projects.

Sue Brieschke

Sue was Hinterland Bush Links’ Project Officer for 8 years. She was instrumental at managing the Roving Restorers volunteers and coordinating the Upper Mary Valley Weed Vine Project. Sue continues to support Hinterland Bush Links through volunteering at events and sharing her wealth of knowledge and experience with the Hinterland Bush Links team.

Our Volunteers

We could not achieve what we do without our amazing volunteers.

We could not achieve what we do without our amazing volunteers.

In 2022, we had over 70 volunteers work with us across all our programs.

Our volunteers are committed, passionate and inspirational people.

Our volunteers work in our volunteer bush regeneration group – Roving Restorers, on our Management Committee and on a range of other tasks including: organising catering for Roving Restorers and events, administration, mapping/cartography, accounting, photography, social media marketing, graphic art, website maintenance, fundraising and grant writing.

If you would like to volunteer with us, we would love to hear from you.  We welcome a broad range of skills.

If you join our volunteer team, you will be joining a fun and inclusive group of amazing people!  Many see our volunteer community like their “family”.

Landholders We Work With

Approximately 10 per cent of Australia's landscape is made up of national parks, reserves and other protected areas. That leaves 90% of Australia’s landscape managed by private landholders.

As a private landholder, you have a very important and significant contribution you can make to protect and conserve nature.

At Hinterland Bush Links, our focus is on strategic corridors.  Many of the locations where we hope to enhance wildlife corridors, are within privately owned land.  Hence, we work with both private and public landholders. 

We couldn’t do the important work we do without all the wonderful landholders who are willing to work with us and committed to conservation work on their property. 

We work mainly across the Sunshine Coast Hinterland area.

Typically for on-ground works we work with non-urban properties of greater than 2 hectares.  We support property owners with smaller blocks through education.

We do not require private landholders to have an environmental covenant (ie VCA or Nature Refuge) for us to consider working with you. 

We welcome all properties that fall within the strategic corridors of our focus area.

If you would like to work on a project with us, we would love to hear from you.

Get Involved

As a community, we can achieve amazing things. Discover all the ways you can get involved with us today!
Education for Landholders